Delicious 51 Melon seeds
Delicious 51 Melon seeds
delicious 51 Melon Seeds, NON-GMO, Cantaloupe, Muskmelon. 30 seeds
growing Delicious 51 Melons:
- Choose a sunny spot in your garden with well-drained soil. Delicious 51 Melons need full sun and well-drained soil to thrive.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before the last frost date. This will give the plants a head start and help them to produce fruit earlier in the season.
- Transplant seedlings to the garden after the last frost date. Space the plants 18-24 inches apart in rows spaced 5-6 feet apart.
- Water Delicious 51 Melons regularly, especially during hot weather. Water deeply at the base of the plant, avoiding the foliage.
- Fertilize the plants every 2-3 weeks with a balanced fertilizer.
- Train Delicious 51 Melon vines to grow on a trellis or fence. This helps to keep the fruit off the ground and prevents rot.
Here are some additional tips for growing Delicious 51 Melons:
- Pinch back the tips of the vines when they are about 12 inches long. This will encourage the plants to branch out and produce more fruit.
- Hand-pollinate the flowers to increase fruit production. To do this, simply transfer pollen from the male flowers to the female flowers with a small paintbrush.
- Place a piece of cardboard or foam under the developing melons. This will help to protect them from the ground and prevent rot.
- Harvest Delicious 51 Melons when they are slightly soft to the touch and have a sweet aroma.
In addition to the above tips, here are a few more things you can do to help your Delicious 51 Melons grow and thrive:
- Mulch around the plants to help retain moisture and suppress weeds. Black plastic mulch is a good option for Delicious 51 Melons, as it helps to warm the soil.
- Protect the plants from pests and diseases. Delicious 51 Melons are susceptible to a number of pests and diseases, including powdery mildew, aphids, and cucumber beetles. Be sure to inspect your plants regularly and treat any problems promptly.
- Give the plants plenty of space to grow. Delicious 51 Melon vines can get quite large, so be sure to give them plenty of space to spread out.
Here are some additional tricks that may help you to grow the best possible Delicious 51 Melons:
- Use a compost tea or fish emulsion to fertilize the plants. This will help to boost fruit production.
- Water the plants deeply at the base of the plant, avoiding the foliage. This will help to encourage deep root growth and make the plants more drought-tolerant.
- Side dress the plants with nitrogen fertilizer every few weeks. This will help to promote vegetative growth and fruit production.
- Remove any diseased or damaged leaves and fruit. This will help to prevent the spread of disease.
- Monitor the plants regularly for pests and diseases. Treat any problems promptly to prevent them from damaging the plants.